What would put you off owning a Ferrari?

broomy1984

Car
Vauxhall Astra
Apart from the high cost of aquisition what would put you off from owning a Ferrari? Would you consider any other exotic car instead?
Always been a fan of the 911 turbo myself, if I ever won the lottery i'd be round to the porsche dealer within minutes of finding out.

one in a million

Road Burner
From
kent
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
i wouldnt buy a ferrari, not big headed or nothing, but i see them pretty much every day, there like a common car now. thing with me i like to be different thats why i wouldnt own one

speedy

Torque Junkie
From
uk derby
Car
cordoba1.6
ferrari's are amazing cars but just to common these days. bankers, footballs and posh people have them. id rather spend £70,000 on the nissan gt-r r35. as it has the looks of a ferrari. handles better than 1 and has the same power. also its enginered to perfection.;)

Biagio

From
UK
Car
Maserati 4200
Hi all
I’m new to this site but I can’t believe what I’m reading…….comparing a modern Ferrari with a Ariel Atom, your kidding right??????? A skateboard with wheels to a car with breading and distinction.
You have obviously never owned one!!
If its all about speed go and get a fireblade.
I’m getting the impression that all the guys that are putting this car down have never owned one, if that’s the case, go hire one first, then slag it off trust me you will find lots of things to get annoyed about, like you cant sit in first gear, it puts you back in neutral if you don’t start it with 30 seconds you have to lock and unlock it again ect ect you cant drive it everyday as you would end up with a spinal injury, everyone looks at you like you just slept with their daughter!! (OK you probably did well lets face it the car has got some good points.)

This car has character, yes you do have the badges nicked and the occasional numpty will spit at it, but the sound of that engine and the feel of the drive is amazing, I have been lucky enough to have owned one, sold it in 9 months due to the way you get treated in it, not because the car was bad, because it brings out the worst in idiots.

I recommend you drive a 355, 360 or 430 if you get the chance its not just about speed, the car has something special about it your never entirely sure what it is but it makes you smile the minute you open the door.

prevtec

Pro Tuner
From
ireland
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
there are other supercars that are comfotable, you can drive everyday and wont break your heart,
its called the honda nsx and before someone replies its not in the league of a ferrari, its only a honda
well its only an expensive fiat, and thats why i wouldnt buy a ferrari

welcome to the forum biagio

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
From
379bhp 359lbft
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
I agree 100% with the if you're gonna buy a kit-car thing just buy a bike comment. However, I have driven a 360 and it's a very good car but I couldn't justify the £80k+ price tag, it just doesn't feel like you're driving an 80k car. Well it's not really is it. Let's face it you're paying £80k for a badge and a posing-mobile. Honest truth my Punto GT is way more fun to drive.

I know two people that have had nice 'rari's and they both sold them after a short period time mostly for the very reason you say, the way people act towards it and the whole image of looking like a posing pratt. With some people it's down to jelousy but you can't deny you see the same sort of blokes driving by in red Ferrari's with Ray Bans on and a tight top.

Real men with that sort of money buy RS200's or Lancia Hyena's/Stratos, rich hairdressers with little furry dogs buy "soft" Ferrari's.

All in my opinion of course.

Last edited:

sayli

Banned
From
USA
Car
BMW 5 Serise
Decrease is the biggest problem i think. Plus there isn't any stability with Ferraris currently, not with the key 360s, 355s etc anyway.

Zwaf

Road Burner
From
Croatia
Car
Seat Ibiza 1,9TDI
If money no object non of supercars will get my (real) attention. I do like to see them on streets and hear them accelerating but i don't see myself as Ferrari owner.
Blistering performances is something you can't use often, altough I would like too feel some of it.
In other hand there is matter of being different kind of filthy rich man than ussual.
My choise could be some Wiesman, or Morgan (very unknown here!), or heavily tuned Supra or Delta Integrale...
Maybe Jag XK120 or 150....
Altough, speaking of Ferrari 250 GTO comes to mind.
Or just plain Porsche 911 (993) Carerra 4s black with brown lether and no mods - even with stock wheels...Is that an blasphemy here? :lol:
Just daydreaming!

So, the final answer would be - because there is a lot interesting cars, but almost everyones minds is set into Ferrari. Let's show some more insight.

EDIT: And of course some of Aston Martins are highly ranked in my style list!

Last edited:

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
Personally I wouldnt ever own one (note to biagio - actually Ive driven a number of them )

To me its mostly a "look at me" and personally I prefer WTH was that

certainly a lot are total poseurs and coudnt get round a track in even an average time

But to be fair there is another catorgary
Some ferrari owners are real petrolheads and love all cars but can afford to buy a rrari so they do ......... and why not.
They dont look down on other cars and if ever anyone does leave them in the dust they will come and chat when they catch up. Even if its a big green estate .
Mind you the guy in question also has a supercharged atom as well.

So respect the car but not always the driver

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
I've seen tuned Evo's mock Astons and various other 'Supercars'. I hate the concept of supercars and I hate the people that drive them, not out of jealously, but becuase they all think they own the world becuase they own an expensive car.

I'd rather buy a small hatchback, and supercharge it for £4000 and have much more fun knowing " I made that" and driving it then I'd get out of spending £90,000 on a supercar.

Charliep

Torque Junkie
From
Thurrock, UK
Car
Alfa GTV & 33
The fact that it is made by Ferrari would put me off buying one.

I hate the Ferrari philosophy with great passion.

At second thoughts: Ferrari hasn't got a philosophy. Unless sreeling ideas and technology is one.