What wax do you use

billyo

Track Warrior
What car wax do you use on your car?

Ive heard some say that the carbanara or whatever waxes build up into a sticky layer that attracts dirt.

How do those wax bars work? Has anybody on here tried using one?

I have had great sucess with Meguiars Tech wax which is a synthetic wax. The shine lasts for ages and it is really easy to apply. It also gives a deeper colour to the paint which looks nice.

Do you mean clay bars? Not seen a wax bar.

i use turtle wax extreme
it has something called nano technoligy in it (whatever that is)
its in a iluminous green bottle

i find it very easy to use, and it actually removes tar build up when you rub it off
theres also a good shine that lasts long

i find it the best on the market, but in saying that ive never used maguires
that company are supposed to be untouchable when it comes to car care

Autoglym for me. Gives a nice deep shine and brings up old paint nicely if you use the Super resin Polish.

I use Autoglym high definition wax. It's quality stuff, the rain just falls off. The last time I used it was early October...and it's still shining!

I have had great sucess with Meguiars Tech wax which is a synthetic wax. The shine lasts for ages and it is really easy to apply. It also gives a deeper colour to the paint which looks nice.

Do you mean clay bars? Not seen a wax bar.

im with wayne. only ever used Maquiars. I used not only the outside wax but pretty much thier whole line of products. Kept my Z looking almost new even after the prevoius owners abused her.

turtlewax wash and wax does the job for me :bigsmile:
or the cosovans at the local empty petrol station

i have been using muc off miracle shine....it comes in a metal tin and is a pink polish and is a fusion of 3 waxes including carnauba wax in it...and its only £11.99 for a 500ml tub.....

It gives the car a stunning deep shine...

always used meguiars gold class wax on all my cars

problem is you can pay as much a you want buying the best products but if you dont use it right your never gonna get best results.

mirror effect even on 12 yr old paintwork

DSC_4777.jpg

Last edited:
Cos I'm a lazy bugger and had enough of concourse shows, yes I used to do them! I now use Autogylm Aqua Wax and it does a terrific job. My poor old back can't be had with all this clay barring everyone swears by. One day I'll get one of my forum colleagues over on the ZS site to do a job on my car as this is his full time job and has some special clients who use this Brazilian stuff which is crazy money!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back