What Sports Clutch?

LeadRogue

Car
Astra 1.9 CDTi@212
Hello,

So I just purchased a Astra 1.9d 150bhp VXR Its going in for a remap at celtic tuning next week. I heard that after a remap its best practice to replace the clutch for a better model than standard.

Can anyone reccomend what type to get and where? Im struggling to find one as i dont have any past experience with the subject.

Any help would be great.

I don't think you'll need to unless the milage is quite high. See how you get on. If the clutch is slipping a bit then start looking around for clutches.

IIRC the VXR was fitted with an uprated clutch and should be more than capable of hanlding the extra power.

The diesel weren't badged as a VXR, but I know what you mean chap, the standard clutch should be fine. But for the diesel you'll probably have to contact CG motorsport or helix for a custom paddle clutch as I doubt there would be an off the shelf upgrade avalible for it. You should get massive gains from a remap from celtic dude, enjoy it!

Thanks Jarrus, Yes i meant SRi. Still getting used to all the terms. The car is very nice. I drove the Auris SR180 and that was great too but I heard you could not remap Toyotas. In the end it was the Astra or the Civic 2.2d the Civic was very comfortable but there was something missing. The Astra just seems 'all there'