What is the most fun drive you have ever had

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever had a nice road that just brought a massive smile to your face? Perhaps it was on a track day or driving experience.
For me it was a drive along snake pass and then more recently on a stunning A road in Wales (up the middle!).

Selkirk to Moffat along the A708.

Picked up the family tartan from a certain manufacturer, then ran over to Moffat to visit the Woollen Mill.

probably the lanes from inverness to goslpie in the north of scotland, last summer in the evening (the days get pretty long up there) in one uninterupted sprint from the inverness bridge, along the kyle of sutherland valley, then along the wide (but twisty) tail end of the A9 to the fishing village of golspie, then went back to Tain by the mountain route.

not exceptionally fast, but not a single car in sight. could apex all of the corners. plus one awesome sunset.

Best. Drive. Ever. :bigsmile:

Selkirk to Moffat along the A708.

Picked up the family tartan from a certain manufacturer, then ran over to Moffat to visit the Woollen Mill.

is that a really good road? its only 15 miles if your lucky from me. like the A70? cant ever remember if its the 1 or 2 - the devils beeftub road from moffat to edinburgh

Have you ever had a nice road that just brought a massive smile to your face? Perhaps it was on a track day or driving experience.
For me it was a drive along snake pass and then more recently on a stunning A road in Wales (up the middle!).

Would that be the A487 / A470 perchance?

think some o f the best times have not been on the road but while i have been off roading as it is just so much fun

but on the road well all my driving is round town or on the motorway so cant get up to much but then its all acase of what car you are in as well

there is a lot of great quiet driving roads in north wales. especially if you stay off the a roads and try some of the b ones, some great unknowns that only the locals know.

your right mate,
have just commented on north wales roads but we holiday on the west coast of scotland every year especially the highlands. nothing better than scottish roads for the last place in the uk were you can really drive, as long as it is out of season.

there is a lot of great quiet driving roads in north wales. especially if you stay off the a roads and try some of the b ones, some great unknowns that only the locals know.

I know North Wales pretty well and can vouch for your statement. Even the A5 North of Betws-Y-Coed towards Bethesda is a delight to behold and to drive upon.

your right mate,
have just commented on north wales roads but we holiday on the west coast of scotland every year especially the highlands. nothing better than scottish roads for the last place in the uk were you can really drive, as long as it is out of season.

i found the East coast was better roads. really need to look at going back up sometime

is that a really good road? its only 15 miles if your lucky from me. like the A70? cant ever remember if its the 1 or 2 - the devils beeftub road from moffat to edinburgh

Winding, narrow and hilly.

Is there much more to ask for?

Probably a few better, but not that I have driven on. Not that many in Nottinghamshire.

yup sounds the same as the 701 the beeftub roads a good one with a nice drop on one side. only downside is if you do get stuck behind a wagon theres not many plassing places on it
might give the 708 a go next time im going up to edinburgh