What did you learn to drive in?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which car did you learn to drive in? Did you like it or were you put off from buying that car?

I learned to drive in a 1.6 Mazda 626 and it was a really nice car to drive. Very comfortable and the size allowed me to consider bigger cars when I had passed wheras a lot of learners go for something about the same size as their car.

My mate had a 1973 Avenger TBL 113M or something like that. It was a rusted 1.3 with the 'long' speedo. It was a deathtrap, seem to recall drum brakes all round but I've never, ever, seen anything go as fast in reverse as he did in this thing. Thankfully he's grown up over the years and now drives with brain in gear.

1st Instructor: BSM Metro
2nd Instructor: VW Polo

Enjoyed driving both, Metro felt like the pedals didn't line up with the steering wheel :confused: My first car was a Metro Mayfair so it didn't bother me that much & now I've come full circle again & bought another! :amuse:

i learnt to drive in a vauxhall astra, i really wanted the vxr model when past but everyone put me off saying that vauxhalls were nothing but trouble