What Car To Get

Rawdawg

Car
SUSPENDED License
Hey guys, as you can see, i have a suspended license, and from that i have one point of advice.. Dont race the white cars with lots of fancy stickers and numbers on them, with nice flashy distracting catchy lights on top, and a big reflective POLICE logo all over them........

license is now gone for 18 months, however, that gives me a year and a half to get a car and start buying the goodies for it.

i've got some nice fines to pay, still have to pay rent, food, etc.. so not on the greatest budget, but what would you guys recomend for a car to start tuning?

im in Canada, so have access to the usual Ford, Chev, Mitsu, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Volkswagon, Dodge, etc. etc...
looking for a car under $5000 pref with minor front or rear damage that would just require like replacing the fender / bumper / trunk lid / lights, etc.. without the structural damage, can usually find some with not alot wrong for under 5000, but i cant decide what i want.

any suggestions on a make / model that is worth tuning, will be fast, but used for everyday use, looks decent, etc.

thanks

Welcome to the site nice to have you along.

I will say "Idiot for running" but it looks like you've learned a lesson and at least no-one was injured!

Jap cars offer so much in terms of power and reliablity. I imagine they are relatively exclusive out there as well. Try and get a high performance model as these give a better tuning base.

I would recommend a Honda - anything with the 1.8 VTEC unit really.

right on, thanks for the tips guys, fairly new to tuners, have tuned my granny boat - Grand Prix GTP, with a cold air, sport exhaust, bigger charger, reinforces the struts, and changed the air-fuel settings, but being as it was a 3.8 with 285 horse, and 295 ft/lb torque to begin with, was a fun sporty boat of a car, lol, left the body stock, had the full Sony Xplod system in it (actually liked it for a cheap system) i like the sleeper look until everything is tuned enough to actually scream 'come get some'..

unfortunatly i had to scrap the car as some people like to pull out infront of you when your doing 145mph on our small 2-lane highway.. :evil:

:rolleyes: I guess you've paid the price and learnt!;)

It's a shame because it sounded like a nice car. Are you going to get your next car and do it up whilst you serve out your licence suspension?

yeah, i have 16 months before i can get them back, so plan on buying a damaged low miles car to tune up.. going to get one with just cosmetic damage like front bumper, fenders, something very mild and non-structural, buy the performance parts i want over the course of the next year, and possibly put a body kit on it if i get it tuned enough to have one.

if theres one thing i loved doing with the Grand Prix, was owning people with a Cavalier or Civic with nothing but audio and a body kit, and go-fast NOS stickers, :lol: if they had the go-fast performance to back up the stickers and body kit, i would usually pull them into a parking lot and check out what they put into it

wish i had about $4000 CAN heh, would prolly check out and buy this prelude

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Honda-Prelude_W0...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

wow thats a long link.. but check it out
for sale by dealer, claims car runs good, no leaks, minor body issues, kit is broke in the front i think (not a big deal) paint is ok, but not the greatest, wouldnt be a bad car to build on by the looks of it, if i had the money to get it, i'd be stripping it anyways. i like to do things right the first time...

Last edited:
"not that time... did have one try in that car tho.. easily left him behind spedo wrapped so not sure how fast i was going, but made 35km in about 7-8 mins.. good / stupid times"

That pans out at an average of 162mph over the 35km. I'm surprised he managed to catch you at all! Still, no one got hurt, apart from the integrity of your license.

Good going, mate!

lol, no m8, different time :p wish i had that car when i was in the process of losing my license.. never would have come close to me.. lol.. no i got caught in a rush on my way to my girlfriends in a sunfire :lol: was doing 162km/hr when i met the cop (roughly 100 mph) and did succeed in getting away from him, but he found me later and whamo :blink:

You can get a mazda mx-5 but its rear wheel drive so you'd really want to get one of the high quality lsds for it so your not sliding all over the place there not to expensive and parts are not to expensive either

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back