Warning the driver

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you were in a car and a good friend was driving and he was about to pull out or do something silly causing a crash, or a potential crash do you warm him?

I found myself in this situation the other day and I kept quiet. Thankfully he spotted his mistake and braked hard but it got me thinking? Why did I keep quiet? Did I trust his driving ability even though he was about to hit something?

What would you do in this situation or does it depend on the driver and how well you know them? What if it was your other half?

If you were in a car and a good friend was driving and he was about to pull out or do something silly causing a crash, or a potential crash do you warm him?

I found myself in this situation the other day and I kept quiet. Thankfully he spotted his mistake and braked hard but it got me thinking? Why did I keep quiet? Did I trust his driving ability even though he was about to hit something?

What would you do in this situation or does it depend on the driver and how well you know them? What if it was your other half?

i think it has a big part in who is driving.

have some mates i do not feel relaxed in the car with but others i know they will take care with what they are doing.

my current partner does not drive but my ex on the other hand, she hit parked cars, writ one of my cars off and i never felt safe with her driving, yes more than once i had to speek up as i new her mind was else where.

Same as Jason, I have a missus who I have to speak up occationally (only once had to physically move the steering wheel...). However I do have other friends who I feel completely relaxed in a car with and never feel the need to even brace myself. I know they are good drivers so don;t feel the need.

I have had friends who have pointed things out to me before (if i'm talking i'm a bugger for nearly running lights lol) and it really does not bother me. I'd rather they said "oi, your a #!#!#!#! driver, don't run the lights" than have a big dent in the car, and injured friend and 0 years no claims!.

Same as Jason, I have a missus who I have to speak up occationally (only once had to physically move the steering wheel...). However I do have other friends who I feel completely relaxed in a car with and never feel the need to even brace myself. I know they are good drivers so don;t feel the need.

I have had friends who have pointed things out to me before (if i'm talking i'm a bugger for nearly running lights lol) and it really does not bother me. I'd rather they said "oi, your a #!#!#!#! driver, don't run the lights" than have a big dent in the car, and injured friend and 0 years no claims!.

very true mate

driving wise i have always been good, never had anyone really tell me to slow down or watch out, been driving 7 years with nothing go wrong, but i also know it only takes one ass who cant drive right to come flying out and thats it.

here is a good example, i let my ex drive my old car (work horse) and this is what happened.

139884add6d91d10d1.jpg

Last edited:
doesn`t matter who`s driving, if i see they`re gonna pull out on someone i`ll say something, likewise any situation that i think they haven`t noticed, bit of a control freak i know....but it`s my health and safety :wink: