vw engine codes

marlin

Car
mk1 jetta 1.6
Hi my name is Marlin and I have a mk1 jetta and would like to know what size engine I have in my car everyone told me to look on the engine block there should be number and letters on that would give me some indication on what size engine it is. There are numbers on and I searched the internet to find out what type it is but nothing there is a big 9H on the engine block if someone can help me I would be grateful. And thank you in advance for any help.

hey and welcome to the site mate
ive had a look on the parts catalouge and theres no 9H engine across VW, Audi, Skoda or Seat.
closest is 9A which is a 2.0 136bhp 4cylinder unit fitted to the passat, golf and corrado between august 1989 and July 95 depending on model

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Thank you for the welcome. And I am going to try to give you the full code on the block tomorrow because I would really like to know witch engine I have in my car and I have looked up the code myself and couldn't find anything either. Thank you for any help I can get thank you

The full code is what to appear as 9H84 and some other small numbers on the right hand side of the block in the front I really would like some1 to help me with this please

hey and welcome to the site mate
ive had a look on the parts catalouge and theres no 9H engine across VW, Audi, Skoda or Seat.
closest is 9A which is a 2.0 136bhp 4cylinder unit fitted to the passat, golf and corrado between august 1989 and July 95 depending on model

Thank you for the welcome and yes I have searched myself and couldn't find anything myself but the full code is 9H84 I don't know if I am looking at the wrong place for the code but that is on the front of the block just behind the alternator. Thank you in advance for any help from anyone

I would really like to know witch engine I have in my car and I have looked up the code myself and couldn't find anything either. Removed URL link.

if its the original engine it may well be in the service book if you have it.
still had no luck with that engine code at all so starting to wonder if its ether wrong or not a VAG engine.

arm if tis a VAG engine then but as you say its a BMW than no can do

if its the original engine it may well be in the service book if you have it.
still had no luck with that engine code at all so starting to wonder if its ether wrong or not a VAG engine.

arm if tis a VAG engine then but as you say its a BMW than no can do

Tell me where is the code located maybe I am looking at the wrong place for the code and thank you again for all your help

itll be on the blcok somewhere but where abouts depends on the engine

Thank you for all the help but I think I will just never know which engine is in my car would have really liked to have known but like they say you can't know everything but thank you again for all your help

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back