VW Caddy 1.6 Carb to 2.0 Conversion

EnZo1826

Car
2003 VW Caddy
Hey There!

I am from namibia! And I drive a 2003 VW Caddy MK1! Always wanted to drive 1 since i was in high school! So ja i bought the caddy about 4 months ago with the idea in mind of fitting the bigger motor. Have been enjoying each moment in my caddy so far until my gearbox started messing around and kept kicking out of reverse and started getting stuck in 2nd and 4th gear! So me and a friend a work with decided modify the gearshift links and saw they where already modified and when my friend removed the cup from the reverse cluster or whateva u call it then allmost no oil came out and bits of steel came along! But anyway so i decided then its a good time to do the conversion and do over the whole caddy like respray and suspension and brakes the works. My idea was to fit the 2.0 8v motor but then alot of guys told me a must go 4 the 16v motor and some other guys suggested i should go with 1.8t audi motor! I know the 1.8t would fit and most vw parts will work with it cause a friend of mine in SA had MK1 Golf GTI fitted with 1 and it was our weekend ride! So what i want 2 know is what would be my best option and is everything envolved 2 get those engines running great in my caddy! And sorry 4 the long story but thought i should let you in on the story!

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the knowledge that you seek! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!

Good luck! :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Thanx and I will start uploading my pics! And I started last night after work on my caddy taking out the whole interior cause i want 2 do a whole colour change and don't miss anything and don't wana burn my interior with the welding that gona take place. I would really like 2 know what 2.0l motors will fit on my caddy without 2 much modifications! So any ideas would be appreciated.:p

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back