Ultima GTR

CitizenErazed

Torque Junkie
Car
1.4 Tigra MK1
Ok, so officially the fastest acelerating and decelerting road car of all time, frequently brakeing the world records. You can build it yourself so you get to know the car intimatly to every nut and bolt. It has super car looks. Can seat 2 people, with leather seats, has aircon etc..

And can be yours for just £16,000 brand new
http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrprices

OH! and even better, since it's KIT you can buy it in bits when you have the money, first bit will cost 3 grand then a couple hundred here and there for the next bits when you can afford it... Great! :-D

So what have I missed? What's the problem? as in, why wouldn't I want this really cheap super car? Is it like a TVR, great but will break down and cost a fortune to fix? what's wrong with it? I mean, why don't we all have one? :-s

I don't know what it will cost on insurance though as the insurance companies don't seem to believe the car exsists o.0

Last edited:
For insurance you just need to find a kit car specilist of which there are loads.

I once looked into buying and building the Dax Kamala with cosworth engine! It was actually the labour time that was the killer. I just know i'd still be bolting the thing together 5 years on in my spare time.

It seems much more cost effective to buy a partially built kit car instead.;)

it is one ugly car. fast yes but it dam ugly.

it cars are for folk with a garage and alot of spare time on their hands. its something id like to do at some point but dont have the money space or time to do it

beauty must be in the eye of the beholder. granted it would be good for the track but would you really want to drive one every day ?
wait im speaking to someone who drives a metro so itll be an improvement ;) - awaits backlash :lol:

I was thinking the same thing when I was typing! :lol:
I'd love to drive one everyday I'm not sure how long the novelty would last though! :amuse:

when mclaren were building the F1 road car they used one for engine testing.
it used to drive past my place every day.

looked nice and sounded wow.

it looks great from the side, the problem is the front on look, I think it's because of those mountainous bumps each side of the bonnet. probably has some aerodynamic quality though. but it's a kit car and very customisable so I'd have thought it no problem to get it looking a bit more how you want it? the same with the interior, you can have it how you want it, can even have the gearstick on the right if you want Lol Optional extras really re optional extras. You don't have to buy the aircon if you don't want to for instance. I think the novelty would last really long, it's like anyother car, but really fast, yet it's better because you built it, so you know it intimatly and you built it to how you want it, it drives as you set it up, it's layed out as you wanted it, looks like you wanted it to look.

if it's the time and space required for kit cars putting you off... you can buy them pre-built... Costs a bit more though :p Turbonutter: I like the idea of being able to buy bits here and there as I have the money.

So is the main problem with it the fact it's a kit car and looks a bit ugly from the front? If so it sounds pretty good. I just didn't know if it like had reliability issues or anything? Guess that depends how well you build it Lol. Wish I hadn't turned my garage into a studio now >.>

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back