Ugly Bronco project car (maybe)

MisterHolaMan

Torque Junkie
Car
none
I found an old Bronco for $400 that I could buy as a good beater, but the problem is I'm pretty sure the motor is going to die soon. I know of a place where I can get a VH45DE with low miles, and the thought crossed my mind!:blink: What if I could swap it?? Is it even possible for cheap?

If you have spare time and cash then go for it! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

What would you use it for when it was finished? Go with the rat look but have a great engine;):D

Yeah, that's what I was going for! I just want a really old beater, but I've had that engine before and it was completely maashed at 170k miles, and this one has 239k on it! With a good engine it won't break down, so I can practice drifting and stuff...

What about exhaust routing then? Nobody's ever done a swap like this, and I don't want to spend a ton of money on a custom exhaust. Is there any way I could use another header that fit the Bronco, but shaped to fit?

i have always fancyed a bronco something about them that looks good
what might be wrong with the lump in it might be cheaper to rebuild that one

i have never seen a VH45DE before quick google search on it i would say it can be done anything can be if you have the money and time

ecu and wiring is not to much of a worry as you can take it out of the donar car
but like you say one of the main things doing a engine swap is the exhaust system but its just finding someone that has done it before or something like it to see what fits

but sure you can find a ford v8 easy over there

I could get another Ford engine, but I couldn't afford it. It's very strange, but the vh45 is only $500, and anything above that is too much, I'm broke as hell. But for the exhaust, like I said, nobody's ever done this swap before. And you probably wouldn't like this Bronco, there is copious amounts of body rust and it might have been used in a demolition derby at one point, since a door and quarter panel are mashed and you can see where the number was.

ah not one i would buy lol
can give the vh45 a go but i think you will be spending a lot of money getting it right
unless you are good with a welder and are a ok mechanic

if not what about a 350 chevy sb they seem to be every were and people put them in everything plus loads of parts of them

They're not as common here, but now this whole idea might be scrapped, because I found a Fierro for even cheaper with less miles. I think it needs new brakes, but I'm making a new thread for that right now.

that is very good i was watching one on ebay the other day think it went for about 800-1000 pounds so about 1600 dollars and that was not that good looking