Twin Turbo installation:

tommy144

Car
Porsche Boxster S
Hello forum,

I am from the Northern Virginia area. I am in the process of having Twin
turbo kit, header, and exhaust system installed in my 2002 986 S Boxster.
I am not sure how this will turn out but I am looking forward to the completion of the installation. Has anyone had this type of installation done to their Porsche?

Tom

Hi and welcome to TC forum from a fellow Porsche enthusiast :D Not seen a turbo add on for the Boxsters so be interesting to see how it's done. What manufactuer is supply the parts? Lindsey Racing?

Andy,

The manufacturer of the twin turbo kit is TTP a German Company that has been involved in racing for some time. The company that is doing the actual installation is Autothority Pitstop. I also checked out TPC racing who also does turbo conversions. As I said I don't really know how this is going to turn out but it should prove to interesting and expensive.

Tom

I used to own a Twin Turbo Renault 21. That was fun :shock: Today it's a pickup with a T4 turbo and Nos. Sitting sad on my drive :( I must finish it some day :rolleyes:

Attachments

• tn_gallery_48_107005.jpg
    tn_gallery_48_107005.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 22
  • tn_gallery_48_324237.jpg
    tn_gallery_48_324237.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 22
  • tn_gallery_48_86739.jpg
    tn_gallery_48_86739.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 22
390hp and 510nm of torque is a hell of a lot of grunt for a lightweight sportscar. Gonna be lively when them turbo's kick in, take it easy on the exit of corners. Look forward to hearing about your test runs :bigsmile:

I used to own a Twin Turbo Renault 21. That was fun :shock: Today it's a pickup with a T4 turbo and Nos. Sitting sad on my drive :( I must finish it some day :rolleyes:

Always had a soft spot for the R21 turbos. Pretty rare here in the UK especially the Quadra. Wasn't it nicknamed by the press The French Sierra Cosworth?

Andy,

The conversion kit was upgraded to 420hp and 396 ft pound of torque which
requires of course a turbo clutch, new brake pads, upgraded springs etc. So yes a hell of lot of bang for a light weight car. But I really can not wait to test this baby out!

Tom

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your AWESOMELY INSANELY INTERESTING project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back