Turbonator

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

cyan5E_5Everdana5E_5E25E_5E25E_5EWelcometoTorqueCars5E_5E.gif

Hi everybody , I just want to know , if a part aftermarket works or its just a wasting time to use it? It's call supercharger fan, a single propeller fuel saver to place into the inlet hose side face the air flow. Thank you very much

Save your money buddy, we get asked this question a lot, they are a complete waste of time. ;)

If I am interpreting that correctly, is that a remap for the car that comes via a plugin unit? If so then that is ok, but if possible then get the car remapped on a rolling road for greater accuracy.

quick google turns up that its a plug in unit. the links i found all lead to ebay where the sellers didnt ask for any car info. this tells me straight away to avoid as the maps are different on all cars.

seeing as it plugs into the OBD2 port all i can think of is it changes the information from the sensors as they are being read by the ECU. so its lying!!.
basically its a dearer p[lug into MAF unit that is nothing apart from a 2p resistor in alot of hot glue. it will ether tell the car to stay on choke or that there is more air passing over the MAF or the air is colder than it actually is so it will feed in more fuel.

id personally avoid like the plague $100 for it bung on another couple of hundred and you could have a map that is deigned for your car. also if your sub is a turbo, sory never bothered googling it to see, then you will see a proper gain in power

Some Japanese models are hard/impossible to remap via the OBDII port. This doesn't mean you can't remap it using a piggy back unit.

Some tuners use a piggy back unit to establish the new parameters for your car and then burn the modified code to a DIL EPROM which is then physically installed inside the ECU in place of the factory EPROM.

Please avoid the cheapy Ebay tuning boxes - they work in a crude fashion and will ultimately wreck the emission control systems on your car.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back