Turbo on fiat 1.3

Dalleb1

Car
Fiat Ritmo 1.3
Hello!
i’ve a fiat ritmo 1.3 that i want to make more powerful. It’s a non-turbo engine with a 1.3L engine. Will i be able to add a turbo / turbo kit on it without blowing the engine?
I’m currently looking at to put some bigger weber double barrel carburators on, but i’m not sure if it will give power. It will a little bit but not so much of what’ve heard.

i will also be getting sharper cams on my camshaft.
If anyone have any ideas or anything how to make my car more powerful, let me know.

Hello and welcome :D

I see you have a NA car and obviously want a bit more go and want to fit a turbo to get it but I would urge you to read the link below as adding a turbo places more strain in the engine and the rods in particular may not be strong enough.

Webbers are very old school and modern computer controlled fuel injection is far more efficient and able to be finely tuned over the entire power band.

Please keep us informed of your modifications and after 10 posts you will be able to post pictures.

You can add a turbo to anything if you do the supporting work to lower the compression ratios and get the mapping and fuelling right.

The 1.4 Turbo from Fiat would make a good transplant option and you'll have all the part you need.

It will cost quite a bit to do this conversion, and if you put on some Weber twin 40's you'll get a bit more power but only about 8% more so not a great deal.

Weight reduction is a free mod, your car will respond better and feel more livelyl.

Hi and thanks for the answers!
But sadly i can’t really weight reduct my car, its around 900kg with engine and light weight interior.