Turbo, new member

turbo

Wrench Pro
Car
saab 9-3 tid
Hello everyone. Joined torquecars a couple of months ago then never went on it until tonight so here I am now. I have a Saab 9-3 TiD with 125 bhp which I am getting bored with. I would like to up the power on it but if I don`t do that I may buy a 9-3 Aero in a few months time from a mate, which has 205 bhp as standard. I wouldn`t mind a 9-3 Viggen though. They have 230 bhp and 350nm. I have also been looking at Mitsubishi 3000 GT`s and know someone who owns a 1996 model with 50,000 miles on the clock. One day he may sell that and it`s immaculate. They are awsome cars and relativley cheap. Is anyone familiar with tuning diesel Saabs? Cheers then

Hello. I wouldn`t mind having it re-mapped. The only thing I`m concerned about is the torque curve which at the moment is flat from about 1500-4000 rpm producing 280nm. Will a re-map give more in the middle but less at the edges?? Modified exhausts are hard to come by for these cars. I have thought of lowering it and fitting a stiffer rear anti-roll bar. It`s on 17" alloys with 215/45 tyres but its pretty hard on the road especially on pot holes.
Thanks for the reply,

a remap will do alot of justice to this engine you can get custom built exhausts there not too pricey and some new rubber and breaks and it will look lovely

Hello. I wouldn`t mind having it re-mapped. The only thing I`m concerned about is the torque curve which at the moment is flat from about 1500-4000 rpm producing 280nm. Will a re-map give more in the middle but less at the edges?? Modified exhausts are hard to come by for these cars. I have thought of lowering it and fitting a stiffer rear anti-roll bar. It`s on 17" alloys with 215/45 tyres but its pretty hard on the road especially on pot holes.
Thanks for the reply,
If you get a re-map, you can ask the re-mapper if they can give you the power where you want it.
Go to somebody like powerflow, and they'll make a custom exhaust for a good price. Make sure the exhaust they make is the same bore size as the current exhaust, otherwise you'll loose power if they make the pipe smaller.

Cheers
Dave

A remap will make it sparkle. My 2.2 HDI Pug was done by Celtic and it really set the car off nicely. A remap alone will not reduce torque anywhere in the usable rev range. You will see a flattening of the torque curve and it might peak slightly higher in the range than standard. But it will still offer more at the point where the std car peaks.

Diesels respond well to remapping - most are severely detuned when new in order to maintain some market share for the petrol engined models.

A 2.2 diesel with a performance map is more than capable of outrunning a 3.0 V6 petrol model from the same manufacturer right through the rev range.

Thanks everyone. I wasn`t sure if a Saab diesel owner would be in the right place here but from the response, you`ve all made me feel welcome. Thanks for the advice.

Your definately in the right place. Redcom who helps out with the site has 2.5 Diesel Saab and is pretty pleased with it.

Welcome to TorqueCars and feel free to get stuck into our other threads and topics. Saab diesels are pretty quick cars, and have lots of gadgets in them. The HOT petrol engine is my fave Saab setup though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back