Turbo forester

Heath

Car
Forester
Hi all I’m new here.
just looking for some advice from someone that might have done it before.
move got a 2008 forester n/a that I have the engine out of due to it blowing up.
mim wondering if I can fit new low compression pistons and fit a turbo? If not how can I lower compression for turbo.

Hello and welcome Heath |B

The best thing for longevity for a turboed motor is to rebuild it with new rings and bearings plus forged rods and pistons that are available to suit forced induction. The pistons will have a dish that lowers the CR.

I would also fit a MLS gasket and ARP head studs for starters and seeing that the power is going up an upgraded clutch.

Fell free to join in on the various conversations and after 10 posts you will be able to post pics of your car.

Thanks. If I buy new pistons for the turbo model instead of the n/a is that ok and then just fit the turbo. Or do I need to go looking into compression ratios?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

The crank will also need to be changed, and compression ratios are vital in a project like this. I've seen thicker gaskets used to reduction compression but wouldn't recommend that. Rebores and stroker kits are usually the best options for reduction compression ratios.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back