turbo fitting to a astra mk 4 1.6 auto

spike1269

Car
astra 1.6 mk 4
i've been thinking about getting a turbo fitted to my astra, the problem is its an auto and im not sure if you can fit an after market turbo to a automatic???? if you can does anyone have any idea how much it would cost??? thank you very much! graham

hey and welcome to the site.
yes you can fit it but itll be very expensive. cheaper to buy te 2.0 turbo and fit it. not sure if the 1.6 gearbox will fit on so you might have to look towards the 2.0 auto box.

might even turn out cheaper to sell the 1.6 and buy a 2.0 turbo

Hi and welcome. First things first, dont bother turboing your 1.6. It will be a higly waste of money for the power you will get back. Bear in mind that Vauxhall have played around with the 1.6 engine in the Corsa VXR to hit 186bhp which is huge for a 1.6 engine. I understand you want to keep your 1.6 Astra so why not just think about an engine conversion. The 2.8 8v Turbo Kit is fast becoming popular as the 2.0 8v is virtually bulletproof. You can snap the cambelt and it wont bend the valves :)

hi thanks for that, i haven't got any ideas where to get someting like this done??? i live in nottingham but i am willing to travel to get it done. a 2.8 8v turbo, is this compatible with an auto gearbox?? do you have any idea on the cost of getting a 2.8 conversion? thank you BAD63R

Hi and welcome. First things first, dont bother turboing your 1.6. It will be a higly waste of money for the power you will get back. Bear in mind that Vauxhall have played around with the 1.6 engine in the Corsa VXR to hit 186bhp which is huge for a 1.6 engine. I understand you want to keep your 1.6 Astra so why not just think about an engine conversion. The 2.0 8v Turbo Kit is fast becoming popular as the 2.0 8v is virtually bulletproof. You can snap the cambelt and it wont bend the valves :)
Typing error

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back