Top Gear in hot water over burka show

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The BBC's Top Gear show has landed itself in hot water after the three presenters dressed in burkas during their Christmas Special
Full story... Let us know what you think of this.

That's absolutely ridiculous. It's not ok for Englishmen to wear a burka but it's prefectly fine for a muslim to burn a poppy???!!!

If they don't like it, they can lump it.

Tough!
They go suck an egg for all I care.

They do & say far worse on American shows, this the problem in the UK our solution to a complaint is to roll over & remove the offending item & apologise.
I hope the BBC support Topgear this time round, it's not as if we're never took the micky out of our own religions is it? Monty Python & Father Ted are a few of the obvious examples.

Last edited:
The Stig is always covered head to toe so I cannot really see what the problem is.

Let's face it, my kids used to dress up in all sorts of robes etc. for school nativity plays when they were younger.

Where things go out of hand was with that American Christian fanatic who was proposing to burn copies of the Q'oran. That was many steps too far in my opinion.

Dressing up in traditional dress of another faith is not an insult and OFCOM should stop wasting license payers fees chasing this rubbish about.

Probably a storm in a teacup with some rentanextremist spokesman.

altho I quite like the australian attitude to criticism of their country - if you dont like it, leave.

Probably a storm in a teacup with some rentanextremist spokesman.

altho I quite like the australian attitude to criticism of their country - if you dont like it, leave.

Completely agree. But I doubt that any run of the mill practicing Muslims have complained. Islam is a peaceful faith and has many similarities with the various derivations of Christianity. The similarities outweigh the differences. Both instruct tolerance and compassion.

I don't think that dressing up for a show is inflammatory behaviour.

It'll be some jumped up idiot at OFCOM (almost certainly of plain old Caucasian descent anyway) trying to justify their pitifully needless job.

Completely agree. But I doubt that any run of the mill practicing Muslims have complained. Islam is a peaceful faith and has many similarities with the various derivations of Christianity. The similarities outweigh the differences. Both instruct tolerance and compassion.

I don't think that dressing up for a show is inflammatory behaviour.

It'll be some jumped up idiot at OFCOM (almost certainly of plain old Caucasian descent anyway) trying to justify their pitifully needless job.

You're right there, the people who usually complain about minorities being persecuted are very, very white.