Thought I'd sign up

metalonmetal

Tuner
Car
Volvo
Been on some other forums, this one looks like fun so thought I'd sign up.

Here's my current car:

Volvo S40 T5 - as you may guess, it's not quite standard - the tuning fairies have breathed on this one in most departments so it goes, stops and turns pretty well for a saloon.

Looking into buying a classic porsche or maybe a beetle or American Muscle car as a weekend toy - look forward to chatting to those in the know.

Let me know what you think of the Volvo, and apologies for all the other Volvos you've probably been stuck behind waiting to overtake - rest assured you won't have that problem if you bump into mine out on the open road.

wheels3.jpg

wheels2.jpg

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

your post got stuck as you dont have the 10 posts required to put up pictures or links in posts.

whats been done to the t5 then ?

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

your post got stuck as you dont have the 10 posts required to put up pictures or links in posts.

whats been done to the t5 then ?

Hey, no problem - I did wonder, better get posting!

- IPD Rear RollBar
- Eibach Springs
- Geometry Kit

- Bell FMIC
- BSR Downpipe, sports cat and SS exhaust
- BRS Stage 3 remap
- K & N Air Intake

- Lightweight Alloys
- Tinted Windows
- LED Running and interior lights (white)
- Debadged
- Plain Black Grille

Next jobs is some decent coil-overs and a Carbon Fibre interior Trim to replace the Aluminium.

Running 228bhp at the wheels on 97Ron Fuel.

Last edited:
Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already.

I think it would look good with some black mesh over the intercooler;) Love the mods though and the car is looking mint.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already.

I think it would look good with some black mesh over the intercooler;) Love the mods though and the car is looking mint.

Cool thanks - I could have got the FMIC in anodised black - didn't realise you'd have to cut the bumper to install it (it's massive compared to the stock item) so didn't order the black one, it was imported from the USA so not like you could swap it easily! gutted.

PS - you have written an awful lot of posts :)

I get a bit carried away with this site! ;) It's just great to talk to other car fanatics and swap ideas.

I'm sure you'll quickly catch up with me!

Hi MoM Nice upgrades, Volvo has shaken off it's pedestrian country image hasn't it.
You wouldn't be 'T5Monkey in Glasgow' from a certain other Porsche forum would you? Only saying as how many S40 T5 owners looking for a classic Porsche in Glasgow are there:blink1: Still looking for a car to take to the Golf club? :lol:

Welcome to TC mate

Andy

Hi MoM Nice upgrades, Volvo has shaken off it's pedestrian country image hasn't it.
You wouldn't be 'T5Monkey in Glasgow' from a certain other Porsche forum would you? Only saying as how many S40 T5 owners looking for a classic Porsche in Glasgow are there:blink1: Still looking for a car to take to the Golf club? :lol:

Welcome to TC mate

Andy

yeah that's me!

Still looking at Porsches, although a classic beetle or an American Muscle car might be quite good fun too.

I think if common sense prevails I'll be getting the Porsche! Need to get my house sold first and find another one to buy with my fiancee - no 2nd car if I can't get it shifted.

You've got exactly the car I'd go for if I go Porsche - Would love to have a chat sometime about the upgrades you've got on yours, running expenses.. insurance etc...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back