the new guy

kinglewi

Car
mx5 1.6mk1 roadster
Hi guys im lewi brought an mx5 mk1 one bout year ago since been doin little things to tidy it up, its 1.6 with superb handling, but looking for a little boost, any one have any ideas on a turbo kit i can get for it??

there are plenty of supercharger and turbo kits for it, shame most come at a price however. in this advise avoid the "new turbo kits" of ebay for £500. a new turbo should cost more than this easy on its own.

is it a daily car or a 2nd car ? if its a second wait until the summer starts to die down then look towards finding a second hand supercharger and fitting it up your self. all that will be needed is good mapping.

Hello and welcome. I have heard good things from the Jackson Racing supercharger on these. Have you considered superchargers for your MX5?

yea ive herd thers not much comparison between the supa charger and a turbo, just woundering if any 1 has a mx5 with a turbo that can give me a insite to the bhp gain i would get from what kit

I'm sure there was a group test done in Banzai, I'll see if I can find the article and reference it for you.;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back