Thankyou

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
I would just like to extend my thanks to the stupid driver who ploughed into the back of my car on Monday 7th April. He hit me so hard that the floorpan in bent in 2 planes and the driver's side rear door doesn't open.

Needless to say the car is a total loss.

Last edited:
Ah that sucks hdi. You had a good car there. Goes to show what I always say that 95% of 'accidents' are the result of human stupidity.

Hope you're ok tho. Cars can be replaced.

Hope you are ok mate. You know to send me a message if you wanna chat buddy.
As said though, as long as you are ok, that's all that matters. Cars can be replaced.

I am fine, car is wrecked. Advised not to repair it on safety grounds so I now have a Passat 2.0 TDi 170 Estate 6spd manual. And thanks guys for your kind support, much appreciated.

Good heavens! :amazed:

I am so glad to hear your ok Paul, what a shame as that car had an engine in better condition than it's years would have you believe. I hope the new chariot gives you many years of faithful service :)

Dpf removal and a remap? :-D

Checked the spec sheet - it is DPF free from the factory.

I have an idea that it's been remapped already-though going through the sheaf of invoices there's not one there for remapping. I like that because I don't have to worry about declaring anything if I have no knowledge of it.

There's far more midrange shove than the 170 PS engine would offer in standard tune. It's a bit rumbly compared to my remapped Peugeot 406 2.2 HDi but the urgency in 3rd,4th,5th,6th gears in this Passat is comparable. Overtaking uphill in 6th is effortless.

Good heavens! :amazed:

I am so glad to hear your ok Paul, what a shame as that car had an engine in better condition than it's years would have you believe. I hope the new chariot gives you many years of faithful service :)

Engines, BMW's petrol straight sixes will routinely do 400,000 miles plus and drive beautifully with routine servicing.

I am not cash rich at this point, but I've had to plug in a few thousand to buy another car.

I do not need this hassle or expense. I am not a happy man

Main thing is that you are ok. Cars can be replaced easily so hopefully your insurance payout will cover most of the replacement cost.

I hope your okay mate! Any idea how fast the other driver was going?

With the engineers/loss adjusters report they estimate that he must have been approaching 40mph to do that amount of damage to my car (BMW 528i SE - E39) with his car being a 05 plate VW Polo.

It was a hell of an impact, not a rolling rear end shunt.

With the engineers/loss adjusters report they estimate that he must have been approaching 40mph to do that amount of damage to my car (BMW 528i SE - E39) with his car being a 05 plate VW Polo.

It was a hell of an impact, not a rolling rear end shunt.

Jeez... I really hope your okay! And for the other guy! He may have been an idiot, but 40mph into the back of a solid bimmer must have hurt!

The other driver was in a 2006 Polo. It's wrecked but he is OK bar some pain where his knee hit the dashboard. Lucky.

Yes, the E39 5 series is immensely strong.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back