Tempted

Yeah it is,

It was done by a finnish guy originally, the engine is the 2.2 HDI not the 2.0 so it's much better engine and goes like stink, the price is a little high but still worth a punt.

I've sent the bloke a PM on another forum, (he's on my 306 forum) and it's promising, he says the insurance is reasonable he's 21 and has 4 years NCB and insurance is £1000, I'm 22 and have 4 years NCB and a clean driving license so hopefully I can get a decent quote.

Indeed,

But, whats the worst there going to do though? All the can say is that it's going to cost loads and then I say no and thats it. Then I don't get it.

The bloke said that he had a fair bit of interrest but only part ex's and nothing that he likes so... I'll have to see...

Hoping to, but I'll need a loan for it so it depends if my bank will lendme the money, I can afford the repayments (over a reasonable amount of time, not 5+ years)but obviously it's not up to me to say....

It's much older than your own 306 and heavily modified, if it doesn't come with a folder as thick as your leg full of receipts, don't bother. It's much better to start with a clean slate and it's only selling points are the modifications that have already been done.

He says in the ad he needs something more sensible!? what could you buy that is more sensible than a diesel Pug?

and just one more thing, Dimma protected their designs, even if it was fibreglass it would still be a proper Dimma kit and not a copy.

Last edited:
Add up what it will cost to bring up to spec. It sounds like you'll need a new turbo/heater matrix and I'd put by another £700 for other mechanical stuff. Then you have the bodywork which admittedly can be done at a later stage.

Overall I think it would be a good project if you had money to throw at it. Not sure getting a bank loan is a good idea on something that could be a bit of a money pit to start with.

Cheers for the input,

I did some research and sadly, not going to buy, I can afford the car and I can repair it and afford the repairs costs, but I'm not paying the insurance premium for it so I'm going to leave this,

lol, cheeky begger..... you know me well, I don't dislike petrols but diesel tuning is much more interresting because theres tonnes of stuff you can do a diesel which is more more expirimental than on a petrol. It's a learning curve for me and

Yeah I did consider a GTi6 but then I thought, where would the fun in that be? Plus I can remap ecus so it gets a little complicated when trying to tune them where as the Dturbo can be done with a set of spanners and some "debris" rattling around between your ears. But I do see a GTi6 in the future, just not as a replacement car, just as a something on the side.

It's hilarious seeing peoples faces when I run rings round them and then find out that it's a diesel as well, not just an old french hatch back.....

I poured some meths in my tank for my water meths kit because I've been running just plain water and what a difference it makes!!! I was chasing an E46 325i and he wasn't pulling away from me! The mid range shove is awesome, I get torque steer and everything now and cronic wheel spin in the wet, I was coming off a roundabout in 3rd and it span it's wheels up!!! and thanks to the meths I boosting 28psi!!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back