Temperature increase

S

supplediamond

hello all
My name is Kennedy. I own a Galant/Legnum VR4 with a 6A13 twin-turbo engine.. I'm experiencing a problem - on high speed (more than 120 km)the temperature gauge rises higher and low speed it drops. Can anyone share information on the possibilities of this problem and solutions to rectify it.
Thans

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

more power means more heat especially with a turbo car (especially twin turbos) - Is your car stock or tuned .If the latter then.....

Remedy is a larger intercooler or a front mounted one because I dont think legnums had FMICs

I wouldnt worry if the temp guage is ony "getting hotter" but if it is up the top end of the guage then check the fan(s) are working and if they are either of the above ,

I presume the set up is correct (timing etc)

First 120 km is only 74.6 mph, that is really not high speed. (try 140 mph :yahoo:)
does it happen on short or long runs? If only happens on long runs check lower radiator hose (we had same problem on the sprint cars years ago, found bottom hose would suck closed. if it does install a coiled wire in bottom hose or replace with gates hi pro hose)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back