telemetry

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
does anyone have or know of any telemetry(sp?) data logging software for a carputer? im interested for track days as then you can log the data then look over it during the lunch break to then try and push a bit harder.

Re: telemitrey(sp?)

There was a stand alone box which had an SD card - ill see if I can find out what it is.

Are you looking for G forces, acceleration lap times and power output?

You might find a standard GPS with a PDA will do most of this and there is usually some useful shareware around.

i was looking for basically, how much trottle used for how long, what gear, how much mph for how long , well.... basically all the data i can get my hands on ;p

it would be a mk1 2.0L 1999 focus. i dont really know anything about it atm but would the car make matter?
also can you do the same sort of thing with motorbikes? as i will be going for my full test as soon as i can get the money for it. tis a bit pricey :blink1:

which software depends on the car.
for example i can use vagcom to record throttle position, boost, speed,think brake pressures on there somewhere, torque, air flow, coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure
now i can use this on: my car, the wifes, georges, herbs, waynnes as they all use the VAG MK4 setup however i cant use my current software with IZOs as its MK5. i did trial generic software but couldnt get it to connect.

1999 ?? might not have a diagnostic port for it

Fords ECU's for petrol cars can be hard to work with, so I'm told. I'm assuming that you want to do this through the diagnostic port rather than go sticking sensors and plugs all over the engine. (Believe me, there's a lot of them to intercept!).

What is the ultimate goal? To gather data so you can create a fully customised ECU fuel/ignition map? Or just pure curiosity?

For me, curiosity would be enough

well, it was first of all just curiosity but now its more towards the custom map and too see where i can improve my lap times on the track.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back