ted620

ted620

Car
rover 620ti
Hi all, Ted in Bedford here, I have just dragged my rover 620ti out of dry storage (after 7 S.O.R.N. years) as I've finally got the money to play with it. I'm here to try and see who has done what and how, to their own ti's. Am currently looking for many bits but am having trouble sourcing springs and shocks for the ti. Brakes are all done and happy. cross drilled and grooved with red stuff pads on the front, new mintex discs and pads on the rear, 5 braided hoses and decent fluid. Engine has boost regulator and gauge, and fuel rail pressure booster too. Previous owner lowered car by cutting the springs and the ride is (uncomfortable), hence needing some help on good suspension set-ups. All opinions would be greatly received, so thanks in advance, I don't do smileys or text speak I'm afraid, regards, Ted620

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)
I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the knowledge that you seek! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!

Good luck! :)

Thank you T9Man, I've managed for 46 years to avoid these social networking type sites, but figured I may be able to speak to some like minded geeky person who has already experienced some of the probems I find myself asking help with. I've been into my cars for 40 years, but the arrival of children slowed down my devotion to my hobby about 15 years ago. Expensive little blighters that they are. Ted

Hi Ted & welcome aboard! :D
I'd say Torquecars is more of a discussion forum than a social networking site, normally sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & such would fall under that banner.

As for springs & dampers have a look at www.moto-build.com you should find some goodies for your beastie there. :bigsmile:

P.S.
I'll :bigsmile: try :amuse: & :toung: avoid :) using :lol: too :cheesy: many :bigsmile: smilies :D for :p you. :lol:

Hi Ted & welcome aboard!
I'd say Torquecars is more of a discussion forum than a social networking site, normally sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & such would fall under that banner.

As for springs & dampers have a look at www.moto-build.com you should find some goodies for your beastie there. :bigsmile:

P.S.
I'll :bigsmile: try :amuse: & :toung: avoid :) using :lol: too :cheesy: many :bigsmile: smilies :D for :p you. :lol:

LOL

:lol:

welcome to the forum

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back