TDI Mk5 Jetta - Hello

I wonder what US car companies are listed in your area.

ok these are the american cars that i know:

dodge - american muscle car icon
chevrolet - represnted here with daewoo models
cutlass
oldsmobile
buick
mercury
plymouth
cadillac
ford
GM
shelby
saleen

and some others that don't remember right now.

ok these are the american cars that i know:

dodge - american muscle car icon
chevrolet - represnted here with daewoo models
cutlass
oldsmobile
buick
mercury
plymouth
cadillac
ford
GM
shelby
saleen

and some others that don't remember right now.

There are so many American auto makers, most are owned by the big three.

G eneral M otors- They have...
Chevy, Cadiliac, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile (gone), Hummer, Saab, Saturn

They got rid of Oldemobile, to survive they should sell Pontiac, Buick, & Hummer. Some Smaller companys should re-emerge pick a company up and get into the game. (Remember AMC - Operated by the Romney Family at one point. They had the Germlin, Rambler and many other cars. This company was formed from the megamerger of Hudson, Nash, Studebaker, and Packard.)

Ford - They have ...
Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda and Volvo

They need to get rid of Mercury. Badly!

Chrysler - they have...
Dodge and Jeep which in my opinion they have done every weel in separating the company as to what they have to offer.

With the brand names they have and the vehicles they offer I would think that this company would be in the best position but they are in the worst as for companys that might make it out of this global mess.

My opinion is not to save car companys but get folks like us the backing to pick one of these companys up so we can compete and get some new fresh ideas out there. This is where real change and innovation begins! I say this is a great oportunity to birth the future in high gear. Now if I just had enough money to get it going.

There are so many American auto makers, most are owned by the big three.

G eneral M otors- They have...
Chevy, Cadiliac, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile (gone), Hummer, Saab, Saturn

They got rid of Oldemobile, to survive they should sell Pontiac, Buick, & Hummer. Some Smaller companys should re-emerge pick a company up and get into the game. (Remember AMC - Operated by the Romney Family at one point. They had the Germlin, Rambler and many other cars. This company was formed from the megamerger of Hudson, Nash, Studebaker, and Packard.)

Ford - They have ...
Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda and Volvo

They need to get rid of Mercury. Badly!

Chrysler - they have...
Dodge and Jeep which in my opinion they have done every weel in separating the company as to what they have to offer.

With the brand names they have and the vehicles they offer I would think that this company would be in the best position but they are in the worst as for companys that might make it out of this global mess.

My opinion is not to save car companys but get folks like us the backing to pick one of these companys up so we can compete and get some new fresh ideas out there. This is where real change and innovation begins! I say this is a great oportunity to birth the future in high gear. Now if I just had enough money to get it going.

getting rid of mercury? why that instead of making the new cougar? resurecting some old muscle cars was shown as succesful, so why not doing that? by the way, if you wanna know i'm a muscle car fan, and these are my top 3 muscle cars: Pontiac GTO, Dodge Charger, Plymouth Hemi Cuda.

economics charger. next to no one wants a muscle car that get 12 mile to the gallon where as a smaller engine will give you 30. especially with the cost of oil

wait for the 335d same engine but a twin turbo setup, have you had the 123d over there yet ?
basically its the same, 2ltr diesel but with a twin turbo - has lifted the power up to 200bhp as standard.

i take it diesels have started to really kick off over there in the last few years ? i remember watching somthing a while ago that said it was vans and lorries that were the only things that used them

looks nice, but i dont theink BMW will let me test drive one yet

As for BmW and diesels they are introducing this year the 335d (goes from zero to 60 in 6 seconds) and the X5.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Default.aspx

The commercial is pretty good. Although pricing it out, these vehicles are super expensive. $40,000 more than my Jetta comparing VW top of the line to BMWs. Granted you get alittle nicer car but will the public go after the more expensive cars? I won't. Sure you get a fast diesel but if I throw half that amount at my jetta I could be further along in horsepower and torque plus have $20,000 leftover.

yeah but it comes down to the badge image, people will trade up to a base model BMW, Audi or Merc just for the badge doesnt matter is its only the 1.6 engine

i did look towards the 320d but wasnt willing to spend so much on one when the bora was half the price and in better condition

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back