Supercharge for 2.5L diesel engine

E

emman

Hi there,

Hope you guys are doing well. Its very nice to join this team.

I have a Mitsubishi GSL 2.5, a 4D56A diesel engine with 87HP. Is it possible to install a supercharger with intercooler system?
Please advice.

Thanks

I've never heard of a supercharged diesel! They tend to use turbos. I can't see an obvious reason why this is the case though.

Welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you.

I think, think being the operative word, it is something to do with turbos and superchargers requiring the engine to run at different compression ratios and diesels cant handle the ratio a supercharger needs.

I think, think being the operative word, it is something to do with turbos and superchargers requiring the engine to run at different compression ratios and diesels cant handle the ratio a supercharger needs.
What?, why would that make any difference, I see no reason at all why you couldn't supercharge a diesel, if anything I would have thought it would be easyer than supercharging a petrol. (no throttle body to worry about.) But I might be completely off the mark.

What?, why would that make any difference, I see no reason at all why you couldn't supercharge a diesel, if anything I would have thought it would be easyer than supercharging a petrol. (no throttle body to worry about.) But I might be completely off the mark.

What I meant is that if a supercharger requires an engine to run within a certain range of compression ratio and if that range is outside what a diesel can accomodate then you can't supercharge a diesel.

It was just a thought as I know diesels run much higher compression ratios than petrol.

But I would imagine that the real reasons are more to do with the fact that turbo charging is far more common in general. That a turbo is more efficient than a super and that turbos are more suited to the shorter rev range of a diesel.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back