Staring at traffic lights

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you go through a set of lights do you find yourself staring at them.

Is this to somehow stop them from changing, hoping they wont change or just seeing if you can still blat through anyway if they start changing?

Possibly this is just me. I caught myself doing it today and pretty much at every set I went through on green I found myself staring at them.

i done it 20 mins ago on way home from work haha, i was waiting to turn right (filter light) it came on and i just sat staring at it and then it went red lol no one behind me though shows you what a 12 hour shift then 5 hours sleep and 5 hour shift can do to you oh well back at 8

Nope cant say that i stare at them when going through them. have done the same as gendex with a filter light came on and im sitting there watching the red light

Lol glad its not just me on my driving lesson i stared at the green light and the instructor had to grab the steering wheel to stop his alloys from grinding the curb i tried to apologise but he just ripped me up for toliet paper for the rest of the lesson, everything i done was wrong.. grr stupid instructors its not like his alloys are nice :x

Last edited by a moderator:
oh well if his alloys were crap then he surely cudnt av bin bothered bout them, perhaps he was more concerned abou u hittin a pedestrian

iv normally floored it by the time amber has cum on so no i dont sit starin at them, i sit starin at my car in shop windows alot tho haha

Then that's totally forgiven then - seems that employers and society expect us all to be superhuman. Yet when we try to be so we get jailed for a minor driving misdemeanour.

This country is on its knees.

Work hard and you get lambasted for getting to work.

Sit on your backside and that's condemned, too.

The alarming thing is this. When I used to drive to the same place for work every day, I'd frequently be asked what the 'traffic was like' by those about to venture out again. For the life of me I couldn't remember. I can only assume that for a journey with a dozen sets of lights on them, over a period of ten years, I'd found a way of shutting out the memory once I'd got there. I'd no recollection of whether I stared at lights or even ran through them, but since nothing nasty happened in all that time, I can only assume that I must have been concentrating at the time! Like Lyndsey, I look in shop windows - it's a good way of checking your brake lights.

The alarming thing is this. When I used to drive to the same place for work every day, I'd frequently be asked what the 'traffic was like' by those about to venture out again. For the life of me I couldn't remember. I can only assume that for a journey with a dozen sets of lights on them, over a period of ten years, I'd found a way of shutting out the memory once I'd got there. I'd no recollection of whether I stared at lights or even ran through them, but since nothing nasty happened in all that time, I can only assume that I must have been concentrating at the time! Like Lyndsey, I look in shop windows - it's a good way of checking your brake lights.

thats is brilliant lol i have had moments like that errr driving to work i suddenly come up on a roundabout that i thought i had gone past or a corner lol??

The funniest thing happened me one morning heading to college, i was waiting at the front of the line at a red light and as normal half asleep and away in my own little world :cheesy:!! and all of a sudden i looked back up at the light and it was just going from amber to red again!! lol
So i had sat through the red, green and back to red again!! lol!!

Oh my god I just looked in my mirror and there was a girl behind me and she was going mental in the car, well in fairness i couldn't blame her i would been the same but it was so funny!!