Speed Culture

Car
T. Corona 3sge Gen3
Hi,
My name is Speed Culture and im from the seychelles.
i have been a member for sometime but it has been very recent that i've decided to become active is the forum section..

at home i drive a 1989 toyota corona..
it aint much because it hasnt been till recently that iv started to throw some aftermarket parts into it.....

i gues the engine swap made it all clearer for me..
i hope to make some friends and learn a lot from all u members

thanks.

Hi there buddy and welcome to TorqueCars as an active contributer. Nice to have you along.

So do I take it you are planning some more serious mods to the car? What is it like getting parts for modified cars in the Seychelles? What are the most common cars out there?

the car... well, i am planning in throwing a couple more mods but at the mo in facing some financial difficulties due to the car.
i recently had an engine swap and here in the seychelles that's is pretty costly... so, iv got to do one step at a time.
just last weekend after leaving home for a party the car had a fuel leak and the engine bay caught fire... luckily not much was burnt... mainly the injector wiring and some vacuum lines...

okay....
iv swapped the old 3S-F engine for a Camry 5S-FE engine..
already that drained a lot as the car was carb... so a lot of work had to be done.
i fitted a Gotech Stand Alone ECU and uprated the injectors to 295cc...

my next step after i've changed the brakes and suspension is to fit the 3S-GTE cylinder head, fit forged pistons which iv already got and turbocharge my baby... GARETT T3/T4 (hope i spelt that ryt)
550cc injectors and hope to boost 1.2bar to start with....

i still havent got the intercooler and dump valve yet though.. also im thinking of getting the Blitz Boost Controller... not sure which model it is though.. still doing research.
i ain't in a hurry....

as for the body... that is as good as it's gonna get
hehe'
(rims seriously need changing)
retro style

as for getting the parts...
as seychelles are a group of islands mostly everything we need to import....
we even import milk....
getting performance parts are expensive and very hard to get..
when we think about it... the money i would spend with the car just to gain a 100bhp in a country like thailand i would be getting 250bhp for the same amount of money.

on top of that upgrading a car is highly illegal in seychelles....
when we go for annual licence test we have to remove all the obvious parts or we'll FAIL the test.

tanks for the welcome guys......

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats one big pic mate was going to try and resize it but cant think how to without rehosting it somewhere else.

Do you have to take out the engine every year ?

dont worry about it. remove the pict from what i wrote... il just resize and post another one....

no better... ill put it as thumb nail...

btw, first time i swap the engine in this car... the old one got kaputo due to failed oil pump!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back