So a 2L engine in a Smart isn't enough then?

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Popped over to see my mate today to see what he's up to with his Smart Fortwo Hillclimber & it seems shoehorning a 2L MR2 engine in wasn't enough last year...

4645b818.jpg

eb1f82f7.jpg

d1fc5a03.jpg

fdd00bcc.jpg

aa71561e.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't great as I took them on my phone.

The S/C is the ubiquitous BMW Mini item & where it was originally running at .7 engine speed it will now be running at 2:1. :blink:

It wheelied off the start line as it was, I've no idea what it's going to be like now! :amuse::amuse:

Last edited:
It's nearly ready, there's a practice weekend in march so it'll need to ready for then. The bulk of the mechanical work is done & the next job is getting the air scoops made up for the cold air supply.

Does anyone know where you get one off vinyl stickers printed? The rear light units are going to be turned into air scoops but he wants a full size photo of the rear lights printed on to a sticker to give the passing impression the lights are still there, a bit like what they do with the headlights on funny car bodies. The problem is most places aren't interested in taking small one off jobs. so if anyone knows of a place let me know & I'll pass it on to Jim. :)