Smokers and drinkers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you totalled up all the money spent on cigarettes and booze over the last 5 years how much would you have to spend on a car?

If you are not a smoker or drinker then I'm sure you have other vices that you can total up?

Now the question is, would you rather have the money to spend on a nice car or car mods or do you feel you've already got value for money from it?

I was talking to my old boss and he spent about £7k in one year on fags and booze! I think this is probably the exception rather than the rule but it goes to show how it all adds up.

5 years = £14,200 by my reckoning. Wow thats a lot. If I could go back I wouldn't have done the smoking thing (£9k+) as I would have something rather nicer than a fiesta about now! (or could afford the insurance on all the mods i want to do!

5 years of smoking @ 20 a day @ a price of £5 on average works out at =£9125
my drinking i honestly would not be able to work out cause i have benders like last friday i spent £50 between 22:00 - 02:30, my 30th i drank from 12:00 till 05:30 and i have no idea how much i spent that night. and there are quite a few nights like this over the last 5 years!! but an average week over the last 5 years excluding going out for meals and benders is £9100 for the 5 years (if i had replied to this post 10 years ago it would have been probably be double that
eek.gif
)