Slowing up to accelerate

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever slowed up on an empty road soley because you wanted to accelerate again?

If you do then, how often do you do this?

I'm doing this a lot at the moment... in my new car which I haven't told you about yet, by the way - on my way home from work we have an S bend with a straight leading up to it, then another straight after it, which is all national speed limit, but I'm always getting stuck behind a bus or someone that drives at 40mph everywhere regardless of the posted limit.

But at the moment on the first straight, there's wall strengthening works going on and one lane of traffic is blocked off. Traffic is controlled by temporary traffic lights, but there are no junctions further on for anyone to pull on before or after the lights, so I'm finding myself slowing down to make sure that I'm sat at the red traffic lights with no-one in front of me - opens up a gap in traffic ahead so when the light turns green I can nail it!!! :-D

I love out of town traffic lights! :evil:

Now there is a teaser trailer if ever I read one. How is it going then? Do we have to beg for you to tell us what you have? Shall we try and guess? 206 Gti, Impreza, Type R hmmm hints, does it have 4 wheels or 3?

Used to do it a lot in the 172 cos the vvt change and whip to the redline was addictive, and in the Vectra GSI and ZS180 as I loved the sound of the V engine