Sleeper or "all on show"

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your style then, how do you like to roll.

Suprise people with a powerful sleeper or do you like to have everything on show when it comes to power. I suppose a third category is for those who like to have powerful looking cars with absolutely no power whatsoever.

Well.............I have the MG ZS so it looks like a Rover, so even if it has 18s and some graphics do people take it seriously? Probably not but I still surprise a few ;) I have had sleepers before, even a group 4 homologated road/rally car that not many people realised existed and assumed was running a 1256cc engine............so wrong they were! :lol:

Sleeper all the way, with perhaps a subtle nod to whatever lurks under the bonnet. I hate cars that are all show but no go, if you haventgotvit, dont pretend you have.

I like to have a mix of both nice sounding exhaust big spoiler and wheels

but I do like to see a car with an engine swap pulling away where you have to think wonder what is under the bonnet

bodywork is completely standard on my car although i do have a GRP bonnet with EVO vents coming my way but that is functional by saving weight and allowing hot air to escape the engine bay. apart from that everything is standard issue mitsubishi items although not necessarily standard issue on a VR4

Sleeper look, too!

Surprised a few of my mates in there chavved up VTS's and VTR's, in that old D turbo. Then they realized it was a dirty Derv! :lol:

My answer is pretty obvious as it is the whole point of the car

It is a shame that it cant look totally stock but it just isnt practicle in some parts such as brakes , tyres and exhaust

Maybe 888s with 353mm AP discs and calipers are a bit of giveaway. Same with the aerocatches but all are neccessary .

Not that 911/tt owners dont look at that kind of stuff anyway :lol:

Sleeperish.

Nothing added for show. Mods only visible when unavoidable (wheels, arches, splitter, etc).

If I eventually fit my nitrous system, the purge valve won't be venting to the outside for showing off and looking like a pr*tt (IMO), it will be pointed at the intercooler to aid cooling.

Noise kept to a minimum. No shopping list.

Angry, snarling, ravenous wolf in a fluffy bunny rabbit's skin :)