Sleeper Car - Part 2

Eclaire

Wrench Pro
Car
Daihatsu Storia
There was recently a thread about your dream sleeper car and what you would use. I was just curious what people would do given more specifics. What they would change in the car and why.

Lets make it difficult... lol

What would you do with a ... AWD Toyota Corolla (year is up to you) and say... $15,000 (how many pounds would that be? Around 8-10,000?)

I would jack it up and put flared arches on it creating a sort of Corolla based Baja bug. The engine would get a major makover, in fantasty land i'd drop in a Supra engine but in reality I'd probably have to stick with a Celica turbo engine from the GTfour.

Another option to jack it up would be to fit hydraulic suspension with 15cm of travel so I can manually set it to off road or slammed to the ground.

The interior would also need to be stripped out and replaced with something a bit space age but I think i've probably already spent my budget!

That sounds like a load of fun! lol I'd thought of the Supra engine too, but wasn't sure if it would be a hard job to get it to work with the AWD. My second thought was either the Celica turbo like you said, maybe from an SSIII, or going to a different maker and trying to get an Impreza WRX engine into it. A 1JZ would be great though, and a 2JZ even better!

Id probably do the same work with the engine, strengthen the brakes and struts, and assuming I have money left Id go for some nice seats, a la the VIP style cars... lol Make myself a mini Toyota Crown.. :lol: Power and comfort where neither is expected...

The Supra engine is massive, I've seen one fitted in a Lexus LS200 but this was tight and IIRC a few components were relocated to the rear and there was a fair bit of cutting involved.

Cross make engine transplants are fun but you are on your own as the engine mounts will need to be custom and it is unlikely that anyone has done the same conversion so you will not be able to compare notes.

So you like your comfort then! :D

I'd cut the front up and butcher in an Evo front end on it then i'd have the mounts for engine suspension etc from the Evo. But make it so the Corolla wings and bonnet go back on.

Beat me to it but Id buy a nice estate car and.............................

Bugger spent the 10K already and only just started

Of course if you want an AWD engine for a jap car there is only one choice - RB26