sheer desperation untill my first pay day!

puntoD

Torque Junkie
Car
mk II Punto 1.9
just got a new job get paid in a week....just got ma car and its running tapes and it sucks balls.

im handy with wiring when pointed in the right direction, is there anyway i can actually wire my ipod to my standard stereo, also i have some speakers lying around, that use just basic wires red and black can they be wired to ? its suks having no tunes to cruz with

Last edited:
haha, just read it quite funny but i need help can it be done, i dont care if its hard or takes hours lol

If your stereo has an dedicated input then yes you could connect the Ipod. It will either be a headphone style socket, two phono inputs or an RCA socket that accepts a connector wired to a phono lead (see example below).

5f80ca0e.jpg

Best thing to do is get a battery powered ipod speaker or a portable radio doofa thing & wack that in the car for now. Crap, but at least you'll have noise ;)

EDIT**
Or do what Claymore just said! I forgot all about those!! :embarrest::lol:

Last edited:
He's got a tape head unit so it will have power.
Connect the speakers up & try them, if you've got the polarity wrong you'll get no bass coming through.

Speakers will work with improper polarity but will sound awful never mind just the bass

claymore didnt relise you could still get those things.
other option is the FM transmitters plug them in and set the radio to something like 85.7Mhz and listen to the sounds coming through.

you could wire it in but youll need 3.5mm jack to phono leads, an amp and lot of speaker wire. way tooo much hassle for a week mate

ive got an old 1000w surround sound that i picked up second hand for sound. (had the wifes old stereo in there before that) keep the main unit under my seat with the ipod/zen/rio/(insert mp3 here) velcroed to the dash. aint the best but keeps the music coming through. (although i did have to get a pretty high end dc/ac converter and intall a second alternator lol) The second alternator was gonna have to be installed anyhow so no biggy there. Pretty much anything will work if you have the parts/patience to figure it out. won't be as good as a dedicated car stereo but hey will keep your music going until you get everything else reliable.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back