screamer pipes

dunno mate it hink youd need to get it custom made from the wastegate.
However you have to remember this will mean that will mean that exhaust gases will be coming straight through and therefore not passing through a cat. this will make it harder to get through an MOT.
then youve also got the issue with noise regs

rather than the excess gases from a turbo going through the wastegate then into the normal exhaust, it runs down a dedicated pipe
look at the back of a F40 then small pipe in the middle is the screamer pipe

Thankyou kind sir.............never heard of one to be honest and never knew such a thing could be fitted...................or not ;)

they can be, but the emmissions test more or less killed them off as its an exhuast but doesnt go through a cat so more likely to fail , and i think most tracks would fail them on the noise tests

Louder than a loud thing on loud tuesday! Sounds like a jet engine when at full chat & as Pgarner said not much chance of getting on track! :amuse:

Mate I looked into track days last year for the Primera and cause it's de-catted I also looked at noisy days and their was plenty at most circuits across the UK...

That surprises me, as I thought they had to keep the noise down in order to avoid complaints and pressure to close from people who bought houses near to a race circuit!!!

The screamer pipe wouldnt be involved at all in the emissions, the emissions probe would still be put up the exhaust.

Usually you need an external wastegate to run a screamer pipe, but you can get downpipes that separate off the wastegate from the exhaust. Most leak on idle though and sound a bit like a tractor