Road works happening all at once

Big Fat Fatty

The Torque Meister
Car
Accord VTEC Sport
Re: Favourite road resurfaced

You can't get anywhere around our town at the moment cause the local council saw fit to do ALL the resurfacing and general roadworks at the same time! It's a complete NIGHTMARE!!! The town will be hosting the sailing events for the Olympics so they have spent £84mil on a new Bypass that will just be a quicker route to a bigger traffic jam, for absolutely no benefit to the locals whatsoever!.....Grrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Re: Favourite road resurfaced

on top of the above they are turning five of our roundabouts into so-called "Intelligent" traffic light systems, the irony is that changing just two of the traffic light systems that were already in place into roundabouts would've solved all the problems with traffic jams for the whole town

Last edited:
They are digging up my town as well. At this rate all the resurfacing and repairs will be finished in time for winter where all the cracks and potholes will open up again.:)

At least we are seeing money spent on the roads. I'm the first to complain if I see lots of potholes and poor quality surfaces so I suppose I should be thankful that something is being done about it.

Cynically I think it is an excercise in using up the budget before the next financial year starts.

Skanska are due to finish the new Bypass apparently ahead of schedule by the spring, but i can't see that happening, but once that is finished the next phase will begin and more perfectly good roads will dug up and changed for the benefit of a few thousand people that will choose to spend four weeks staring out to sea watching boats without engines floating around?!

It's beyond me

well thats my rant over with, anybody else got any horror stories about their town's road network?

emm its getting near the end of the year so expect alot or roadworks between now and march so the councils can gat mroe money

Its not down to them getting more money, its as it is comming up to the end of the financial year, where they will get more money for another year. They scrimp and save all of the summer months, then spend allotted money on genral works. Its a bit of a pee take to be honest. If they knew how to manage there budjet and spend x amount each month then we wouln't have this problem.

thats the problem though if they dont spend they dont the same next year

noticed the main road around here has spraypaint on it where they must be going to repair some of the road. why not do this is the summer when its warmer and more likely to stay in better condition than laying the tar one day for it to get down to -7 at night, freeze crack up and they have to go through it all again next year