Replacing my A3

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I need some suggestions on a replacement for my A3.

It needs 5 doors, leather seats, around 140 bhp and over 47mpg average (wanting a sub 9 second 0-60 time and around 300 Torques).

It will need also to be ultra reliable and cheap to run.

5 door hatch, about A3 sized will suffice. I guess were looking at just under £10k (I don't want to be adding much money to what we'll get for our A3).

Auto - don't mind, Estate not bothered, as long as it has 5 doors, a bit of power and is easy to park and cheap to run it will be fine.

The 2.2 Diesel Civic would tick a lot of those boxes and should perform similarly to your current car but will probably not handle quite so well though!

Hondas actually handle very well, even in standard form.

We're all assuming Obi wants another diesel, but are there more alternatives now, in the days of amazingly efficient petrol turbos?

If there is a petrol that gives great MPG and power then I'm interested. The 1.4 Twincharger looks great on paper but in the real world MPG is not great, especially if you drive it to extract the power.

My other halfs 1.4 Beetle is great on fuel. 400 miles to a tank average and she doesn't granny it either! Easily 550+ when being careful. With a remap, puts the power up from 160hp to 200 and ups the torque quite a bit too.