Registering a genuine Caterham 7 in France

Notebook

Car
VW polo
Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum and have a question please. How is it you can but a used or even new Caterham 7 (not a copy) in the UK but you can't register it in France. But....... if you contact the sales dept at Caterham UK you are told to contact a French dealer who will sell you probably the same car registered in France.

Is this the usual French protectionism or what?

Any help or suggestions on how to buy a used genuine Caterham in the UK that will be able to be registered legally in France.

Thanks in advance

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

can you register the car in the UK then export it to France and apply for French plates? Moving cars around the eu should be quite easy.

can you register the car in the UK then export it to France and apply for French plates? Moving cars around the eu should be quite easy.

Thanks for that but it seems to register a car in France you have to supply a certificate of conformity to the French authorities. When I asked Caterham about this they said you need to buy your caterham from a French dealer..... not very helpful!!

Which ever way you try to go about obtaining a french registration for a Caterham it comes down to a certificate of conformity is required. The manufacturers - Caterham Cars, do not appear to be willing to supply this.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back