redex

Redex goes in my petrol engine and does clean it up. Emissions are down & response is better. I dont think i'd use any other additives though.

IT does work well on older design engines. I've used it occasionally in the past but the last 5-6 years I've been driving diesels. Redex diesel wasn't compatible with the particle filters on the Peugeot.

Back in the petrol land for now but not sure I'll bother with additives unless there's a specific problem to resolve.

For supermarket fuel redex is a good idea, the premium brands of fuel already have good and effective cleaners in them already so it is not really required.

Stick in some Shell premium fuel every other tank full and the car will be happy!

I agree with Waynne to be honest. I've not used sueprmarket fuel for years, although I have recently tried Tesco's Momentum 99RON unleaded in the BMW. Seems OK to me but this car is pretty forgiving - it's a naturally aspirated 2.8 litre six and is in standard tune which slightly shy of 200bhp so it's not exactly over stressed.

BMW suggests 98RON for optimum efficiency so I thought I'd try the Tesco stuff. I don't think anyone needs convincing that a branded super u/l will be superior.

Additives are a complete and utter waste of time and money. Use good fuel which has all the essentials you need. Additives can not clean worn or old injectors and if anyone wants to bring a set of high mileage injectors to my workshop which have been running this stuff i will prove that fact for free.

I never use additives. They are just a marketing ploy and another way to take money off us. I've never noticed a difference when using them.

How does redex work? I thought it just raised the burn temperature?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back