rb20det into 240sx

rb20det 240sx

Car
240sx rb20det swap
i am planning on swapping and rb20det into a 240sx, butt wen your on the web you hear good and bad things about engines. i wanna know what regular problems come with the rb20det motors?? and how much it really costs to swap an rb20det into a 240sx???? anything helps:) oh aha i wanna cost of not just swapping the engine, butt the cost of everything, all the parts i will need to handle the horsepower, and i am hearing a lot of different things about how much hp they put out, if anyone knows for a fact how much power an rb20det has, pllllzzzzzz tell meh!

Last edited:
Is it a DOHC or SOHC version?

When doing an engine swap like this it is handy to have a complete(ish) donor car on hand, you'll need to swap the loom, ecu, injectors and gearbox (ideally).

I don't actually know much about this particular engine swap but general advice I'd give is to avoid an engine that has been sitting for a long period of time. If this is the case then get it stripped down and reconditioned as I've had bad experiences with engines that have sat for a while.:(

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back