Rattle

alex mulier

Car
Vw polo mk4 6N ltd
Having swopped the suspension to Jamex coilovers, I constantly hear rattelling from underneath.... have had a thorough search and tightening the components as best as poss, it carries on.... are Jamex coilovers just #!#!#!#!e or is there something I am unaware of....

:embarrest: help, it's doing my head going down the road at 10mph and sounding like a tramp's trolley......

Thanx dude,
what would you recommend as a decent suspension set up for my polo.... I don't want it on the floor, only 45 ish mm lower... I have 15'' BBS with 195/45... I want a decent ride with absorbtion, not a head nodding one...
thanx

If you want comfortable coilovers, you're looking at £600+. Better off going with the best spring and shock combo you can afford to retain comfort.

I can't recommend Spax RSX coilovers enough for the price range, but they are by no means comfortable and just bouncy on the softest setting :lol:

Having swopped the suspension to Jamex coilovers, I constantly hear rattelling from underneath.... have had a thorough search and tightening the components as best as poss, it carries on.... are Jamex coilovers just #!#!#!#!e or is there something I am unaware of....

:embarrest: help, it's doing my head going down the road at 10mph and sounding like a tramp's trolley......
the polo probably has the same setup as the golf so if you have lowered your car more than 40mm+ it will be your driveshaft banging on your arb
solutions are raise your suspension (free)
shorter/adjustable droplinks
new arb

and tbh jamex are cack compared to more expensive coilovers (you get what you pay for!) but they are alot better than the standard shocks and springs!!!!
i know cause i have jamex coilovers on my leon

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back