Quick Hello

Kryzteque

Car
Honda Accord
Hello everyone,
Ive recently been honoured with buying a X reg Honda Accord, Executive edition 2Litre. I can safely say its the best car Ive ever bought, even from new. I drive around with a stupid grin on my face. I think its a keeper and with the help of tis site and this forum I want to gradually beautify and improve her. Shes in Hospital at the moment getting new bearings, brake lines and tyres...I think steering rack needs sorting too! and apparently the rear brakes were fitted wrong??? I was at a loss as to what mods to do first but the articles on here have clarified that for me already. The paintwork is a bit tatty so Im considering a respray at some point....maybe matt black...please tell me if you think this is not a great idea.Otherwise its going for a Rat look... I need to gradually sort out the handling too..Im considering tightening her up a bit (when I can afford it!!) is it worth getting polycarbonate bushes put in while its on the operating table, or will that be too insignificant?.... By the way Im 53 and probably going through a mid life crisis lol!. Feel free to put me straight on my plans. None of it will happen quick. Any advice (critisicm ) will be openly accepted.Look forward to chatting to the wiser ones amongst you. PS Ive cancelled the order for the phatt exhaust and three point harness ;0)

Welcome along. Polyurethene the bushes will be mate not polycarbonate. Should tighten up the handling nicely especially if the old bushes were a bit on the worn side. Sounds like you are really enjoying the car, which is the most important thing after all!

Ah thanks for that....I knew it was poly something or other.............. Ill consider myself slapped, see I could have been googling forever looking for polycarbonate ones, you've saved me hours!:embarrest:

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Thanks Waynne!
Had a couple of members making me feel welcome which is very cool!
Im beginning to wonder if I will ever get my car back.....Im suffering extreme separation anxiety....Only went in for MOT and service.Having to drive around on FORZA for my motoring fix...

Thanks Waynne!
Had a couple of members making me feel welcome which is very cool!
Im beginning to wonder if I will ever get my car back.....Im suffering extreme separation anxiety....Only went in for MOT and service.Having to drive around on FORZA for my motoring fix...
..Woo Hoo Ive got my baby back, :love: Sat Navs gone missing though.....hmmmm!!

Good to hear.
Did it pass ok or was there work required?
Got through OK ......went through my wallet too....Brake lines!! which meant removing fuel tank on that model...Rear Bearings, Discs and Pads Steering rack...also needs tyres before the snow comes. Although I might nick the ones off my dead Vauxhall Zafira (sorry for swearing...lol) So with that and full service she is tight now......:bigsmile::lol::amuse: I think its true love....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back