Punto saying hi

H

helmboy

HI there

I m bob, and the prowed owner of a late mark 1 punto 1.2 SPI, she is britsh acing green. well I say it i BRG, how I thunk th book calmes it is Emareld green.

I intend to make her a bit of a sleeper. though not go over bored, just the odd tweak. as I do not want to race her, or ppl trying o race me on the public roads. Most of my driving is on countree roads, so a bit stffer sus so she dose not roll like a dubbel decker bus, but as potholes are all over the place round hear, I can not get a way with to hard or lowered sus

In an idle world I would like to get rid of the power steering
1) cos removes feel
2) cos the pump must tack way so of the engins power, and at 60 BHP I ant got that much to spear
but that is to much hard work for the momant.

dose any one know how much power is Niked by the pump any way

My plans are ATM
tweek the vaules gaps, (ie closer to the limet in the servis book) do not want to put new Cams in atm.

Check an if nessacery uprate fuel pump - Injeter

replace exsorst, from manafuld, to just befor the Back box ??
the old one is a bt rusty and a nice smooth stainless one, with race cat would help I think. +I don't want to make it sound like so clown has put a fat tail pipe on her.

Induction Kit, at some point, probably next service
and possably change the inlet manafuld.
OR did I read some where on hear that you should NOT do both

add stiffer anti roll bars, an dampers. and if I can find some stiffer but same length springs. as she tends to bounce on the ungerlating roads round hear, and roll on the constant cornes that make up the roads round hear

Right so what do you experts think (other that I can not spell)
:lol:

from
bob and his green cow

Hi Bob and welcome to Torquecars. This is probably one of the longest first posts we have had in a while and I must say it is certainly the greenest :wink:

Im a big fan of the sleeper philisophy. Sadly though even if you spent big money on the engine of your car you are unlikely to get more than a few more bhp. That said there is still a lot you can do to make the car more fun. Your suspension mods would be pretty high on my list. I would also fit a panel air filter, fse fuell boost valve and use some ecotek power boost spray to clean out the engine. This should lift its performance back to where it should be. The sports cat and exhaust mods and even the induction kit will not make a difference to you so I'd ignore that and spend the money elsewhere. Anti roll bars can be a pain in the wet so Just go with stiffer springs and uprated dampers.

Before you take off the power steering make sure you know how heavy the steering will be without it. With the car stationary move the ignition switch to disengage the steering lock but without starting the engine. Now see if you can turn the wheel. When the car is moving it is a little easier but this will give you an idea of how much you need power steering.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back