proud of my efforts today...

Mobrem

Wrench Pro
Car
BMW 318is
I'm proud of my efforts today in working on the little project car... drives much better now. Though I've got a bit more work to do... oil in the #2 plug and oily smoke coming out of the manifold where it meets the collector indicates the cam gasket is knackered... so that's another job in the week... but I've uploaded a couple of photos of recent work done so I hope you all enjoy!

Waynne... do you mean the car in general or the gasket? The gasket should be done this week. The car is a long term project. The last project I had lasted 10 years with constant little updates and improvements. And that other project only started out as a small one... but then grew as they all do. The initial part of this little project is to get the car up to a decent standard again as time and previous lack of maintenance have let it down a bit...

Waynne... do you mean the car in general or the gasket? The gasket should be done this week. The car is a long term project. The last project I had lasted 10 years with constant little updates and improvements. And that other project only started out as a small one... but then grew as they all do. The initial part of this little project is to get the car up to a decent standard again as time and previous lack of maintenance have let it down a bit...

The gasket, the car is going to be a long term project. It should keep us all intrigued for a long time yet. Keep the updates coming along.

Good job matey, great feeling to tackle a task an it works out well, equally #!#!#!#!ty when it goes south and it often does, just don't get discouraged and quit, keep at it, it always works out in the end.

Gasket's should arrive on Friday meaning a job for the long weekend... that's if my other half hasn't already booked in other work for me to do... like the bathroom, painting, skirting... basically she wants to refresh the house over the long weekend... I hope not as I want to play! Plus it'd be nice to go to Brands Hatch this weekend!

So Mother Nature was on good behaviour today and so I thought i'd test my lacquer gun to see what it's like for base paint... The front passenger wing needed spraying anyway and so it was a good test for it. Given today's test, I think i'll keep the lacquer gun as it was and get a new gun for base coat. Anyway... I hope you like the before and after! The purpose of this project is just to get 'Babe' up to a decent std and not a show car. So one wing down... rest of car to do! I'll put a video together and post a link to it for anyone considering doing their own repairs so you can see the steps involved.

Have a great day!
Mo

mobrem-albums-babe-e36-project-car-picture4706-front-passenger-wing-before-painting.jpg

Passenger wing before painting...

Last edited: