Profit from cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many on here have sold a car for more than they paid for it?

Does this take into account money you have spent on the car as well or just purchase price against sale price?

I don't think I have ever made a profit on a car:(

only car that i did not make a profit on was my old lexus cos i sold it for repairs as i did the auto box in and bought my first trans am so did not have the money to fix it

but always get my motors cheap and sell them on at market value when ever i pass them on

Nah I've sold my cars a bit lower than the going rate for a quick sale. I'm not short of money and having three or four cars on the drive at a time annoys me.

I've made a profit on plenty on car parts before though. Mainly performance stuff.

i have lost money on a few cars in the past, but also i have made on some too, my R33 stood me at about 500 quid after trading up from a 2.5 omega to a mitsi pajero to the skyline and ended up making about 1700 profit on that when it went.

i take everything into consideration, like how much petrol i used when picking it up, any bits or pieces ive done to improve the car

Never made a profit on any of my cars either but that's about to change with the 944, there values are going up up up now :D but I'll probably never sell it so it makes no difference really :confused:

100 posts woo hooo :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

the only cars i have ever sold on for the same money or made a profit are the £100 bangers i used to buy for work

I think the best one I did was a 1976 Jaguar xjs, bought it for £1500 and sold it for £10,000,
the local add read " 1976 V12 Jaguar XJS tax and mot, but needs new clutch", anyone spot anything unusual?

Bought my FreeLander Sport right in the middle of the recession for £6750 and sold for £7000 with 12k extra on the clock. Now seeing them up for £8500. Thinking I should have hung on!!