Potential Price Fixing?

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hey lads LONG TIME NO SEE!!

need to know how can I potentially report a set of companies for price fixing diesel? As I am well established in the Oil trade I know the companies who own all the garages in Dover and Deal.

There is only 2 Companies
A company called Hammonds own Every single BP Garage in Dover and Deal (4 Garages in total) and then you have a Tesco in Dover and I have consistantly noticed a trend Every time Hammonds put the pump prices up.

Tesco goes up and in turn when ever one reduces the other matches.

Is this not a price fix because I now in my local forecourts those garages have based on this weeks prices slapped on a 9 p per litre Margin on diesel so they are making a killing in profit.

How can i report this whom regulates them???

I'll see if I can work out who the regulator would be. It might just be a trading standards thing though.

Welcome back PP, surely if your in the trade you should be able to find out the regulator? I'd say it's a Trading Standards problem though.
The other way is to point out the issue to the local paper & let them blow the whistle. Keeps us posted :D

What's happening on the car front? have you replaced the crushed Punto yet? :)

Last edited:
Heh on the car front Its more of a need to get my debts cleared before I can save up for a motor and I still haven't heard anything from the courts yet in regards to what happened so I want to wait to see if it is even being taken to court.

But there are a few cars on my mind specifically the 3 series bmw or the Alfa Mito is one to consider :D
The problem is loz I work in a different sector whom is handled by Platts who regulate the oil providers not the forecourts

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back