PGarner, I take my hat off to you.

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
Well, up here in sunny Scotland, Sunday was a glorious day, and I decided to take PGarner's advise on cleaning my baby.
Two bucket wash
Alloy cleaned with brush
Shamis
Polish
Two bucket wash
Shamis
Wax

Then....

Polish windows
Hoover
Wipe down inside

It dam near killed me but I completed it. It took in total about 6 and a half hours of back breaking labour. I never usually go past the polish stage, and if I polish, then I will wate untill the following week to hoover.

All Id like to say is

PGarner, if you do this every time, I take my hat off to you! Respect!

On the pluss side my baby is gleeming! :bigsmile: Ill nip around my mates house tonight and use his computer and get some picks on. And sort my profile out. Cant do it on this machine.

She looks beautifull now, took some pictures yest when I done it. Now that is a nicer day again, I might try again, to get some good reflections.

I usually polish once a month (except in winter) do you advise polish once a month or wax once a month?

polish only maybe every 3 months and keep on top of the wax

2 or 3 coats of a decent wax will last several months, as soon as you see the beading not looking so well give it a top up

Your nutts! My wheels still need to come off. Not looking forward to doing it though. My drive is on a slope and dont feel happy using 4 stands at once incase me car rocks, so I will have to do one at a time.

Polished my windows yesterday (incase some of you might of guessed, I have taken a week off work witch is why I havn't posted in a while) with t-cut window cleaner.

PISH! what a load of crap. Apart from give you a clean window, it doen't give you that brand new feel (or look).

Im going back to AutoGlum Window polish.

thanks :lol: it lasted 2 days on the high street before being covered in a layer of dust so thick you cant see the shine anymore, but all itll take fir the next few months is a quick wash.

without diamond wheels you will never really polish your windscreen. glass is extremely had to get rid of the scratches

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back