Peugeot 208 GTI Tuning Project

Eddie208

Torque Junkie
Car
Peugeot 208 GTI - P
All, joined the forums in 2017 with a little 1.2L and now have my GTI, slow & steady mods beign added first off beign a K&N panel filter, second a Forge Blow-Off-Valve (dump valve), then some window wind-deflectors + side mirror covers & little things, mud flaps & now an air scoop fitted & thinkign what on my big list I should do nest :)

Attachments

• 2023.04.13 - Mud Flaps.png
    2023.04.13 - Mud Flaps.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 2022.11.26 - New Forge BoV (First Mod!).png
    2022.11.26 - New Forge BoV (First Mod!).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 2023.04.30 - Air Scoop (comp).png
    2023.04.30 - Air Scoop (comp).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
You've done a lot in that time my friend, it's always interesting to see what you'll get up to next.

You've done a lot in that time my friend, it's always interesting to see what you'll get up to next.
Thanks! :D Done a LOT of research and your videos and the forums helped a lot!
Next mod will take a while though, new custom exhuast with sports cat & resonator (to not annoy the neighbours & public) at800GBP so will take a while to save up the funds, maybe will get more small things in the meantime =)

So today I put one some Forge boost pipes + silicone hose, was a PAIN in Le Butt but managed :)
Top is now, bottom before.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Update! :D
My suspension began to wear and needed replacing, so I had no choice but to obviously buy Billstein Coilovers =)))
Lowered 20mm (didn't want more due to pot holes and certain parking places at large inclines here).

[old standard Peugeot GTI suspension (LEFT) vs Billstein coilovers (RIGHT].
1704493818898.png

That's looking very nice my friend. Good work, all that time and money is paying off.
Thank you! and indeed so :)

Was surprised that at 16K miles the suspension on one of the strut's had worn off, but then again Peugeot aren't know for their reliability, and a good excuse to upograde.

Now saving for the next upgrades ~

Was wondering if I could get some help now.........

Hit a point where the next mods I was considering, are now VERY large sums of money, which is off-putting..... is there something I maybe missed, would be a good shout to get before or would help before I look into now the expensive pricey stuff ~

Looking now at my list, next be ; intercooler/radiator, maybe the KO4 (larger turbo), custom sports cat, new clutch and fly wheel to go with the large turbo. All are crazy £££ so just looking if there's cheaper things I can have some fun with for now :/

How much power does in make at the tyres and how much more do you need or want ?
Not had it mapped after the few things added but it should be around 275/300 Nm of torque (197bhp).
Which statistically sounds pretty good, but it just still feels kinda slow (at least with acceleration) when doing 40-70mph. Not sure how much HP is needed to feel more powerful but certainly more than now.

Have you got a full from the turbo 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust system with straight thru muffler and resonators.
What boost pressure do you have?

Have you got a full from the turbo 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust system with straight thru muffler and resonators.
What boost pressure do you have?
No just cat back with the mandrel bends (no resonator but it does have a muffler at the back [didn't want it to be too loud for the neighbours]), am looking to get the rest done and sports cat, just quite pricey so a long wait if so.

Don't currently have a boost gauge fitted, bought one for cheap but didn't have enough cable. Guess that's be a good first to get again.