peco big bore 4 back box.

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys soz again. um i have a peco big bore 4 sitting in my garage and was thinking of fitting it to my car but i have a few questions . i have bought a new back box already form ebay and had it installed its from a shop called gt3 exhausts and its the oval one. but to me its not as loud as i wanted.and low down the revs its not exactly a deep tone but when i get to 20mph is when the deep tone starts. are the peco big bore exhausts loud ? and are they any good? its black with peco big bore 4 written on it . its 4.5 inch outlet from one edge of the outlet to the other . and its a straight through if u get wot i mean. its basically a cyclinder. has anyone fitted this back box to their car . or has any one got any other suggestions that would be better or louder.

cheers

The 1.4 engine doesn't shift enough air to make a big bore exhaust loud at low speeds IMHO.

If you lived down our way and you had a loud exhaust you would get pulled over, given a defect to rectify notification under the "causing nuisance" and have to remove it again or risk having the car impounded.

I have to agree with PG, loud is not the aim. Perhaps seasoned drivers realise that deafening yourself and all those around you gets a bit waring after a while. Performance should be the aim. Remove the expansion box further up if there is one and this will increase the noise.

well i have put a new filter on my polo .and i have always liked the droney groany roar of the modified cars. i especially like the rumbles. i think that a cars standard sound is horrible . to me it sounds like a sewing machine. also i dnt really want performance to be honest cos it ups the insurance alot and its alll faffing with the engine,. im more of a looks and sound pesron . but not music wise .ive always looked at it like this if ur car looks good it doesnt really need to be fast. and the same the other way round. i dont know ive just always liked the roar sound. and also is there any point in performance upgrading my polo cos its my first car and i will probably end up getting rid of it a few years down the line.

also i dnt really want performance to be honest cos it ups the insurance alot and its alll faffing with the engine,.

mmm you NEED to tell the insurance company about the air filter and back box even if they dont add any performance it is still a MODIFICATION and will "ups the insurance ". if you dont you may find yourself being charged for driving without insurance due to this - your insurance is void because of this until the insurance company is notified and mods added to your policy - or in the event of an accident you may find yourself having to make all the payouts yourself

also take it you dont do much motorway driving ? try listing to that drone for 6 hours and youll soon be sick of it

I see the sense in holding back a bit on your first car. Nice to see such sense in one so young - you'll go far;)

Look into cherry bombs for a great sound. I still don't think you will get that deep rumble you are after though.

ok. cheers guys. i will let the insurance company know. also im 18 at the mo. and when it comes to being aloud on the motorway i still probably wont drive for more than 3 hours. also because i cant cos of disability problems.

also the cherry bombs look horrible mainly cos theyre red. and i have blue car theme going on. but i will av alook at them. if nescessary i can paint it black with heat proof paint. does any one know of the savage universal back boxes. cos ive been looking at them recently. cheap as chiops for them. considering the size.

also waynne cheers for the compliment of ( ill go far ) also i will only go far if the car doesnt pack up by then . lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back